Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Let's see if I can remember how to blog...

Hello, hello, hello!

I am attempting to get back into a habit of sorts with blogging.  Lots of things are going on RIGHT NOW in my crafty world so I feel the need to share and write things down.

1)  My local scrapbook store closed this week.  I am thankful to this store, as it taught me so much over the years but it also started me on my teaching journey.  Shortly after I had my first baby I was talked into teaching classes and they took off.  Fast forward FOUR years later and those wonderful customers are still in touch and sad that they will not be able to take Disney layout classes with me anymore.  I am still debating about some options with that, but I think I am still in mourning.

I did get my hands on some clear paper shelves (like I need MORE room for paper...) and have those set up and am using them to sort some projects I have in various stages.  More on that later.

2)  Last month I applied to the Design Team call for the Crafty Maven Getaway channel on YouTube - and they picked me!!!  I am so excited!!  I watch more YouTube than television or Netflix so it's a good fit for me.  My first video is scheduled for tomorrow and I am a little nervous about that.  Just looking at the album where we upload our projects on the private facebook group - I am VERY different style-wise compared to the other girls on the channel.  I am hoping this a good thing, and that variety is something viewers are looking forward to.  I will have a blog post up tomorrow with all the information on that and a link to the video.

3)  My scrappy hangout of choice for years has been a private message board (Hi Peeps!!) and the last two weeks of March we are going to be doing a speed scrapping challenge!  I am using this challenge as a kick in the behind to get through some Scrapbook Generation kits that are seriously piled up way to high (I am even considering cancelling my subscription for a few months, and you KNOW how much I love my SG kits!).  So I am all ready for that and excited to challenge to myself to see how many layouts I can get done during those two weeks.

4)  With the closing of my local scrapbook store, I found myself lost as far as what to do about teaching.  I enjoy the teaching aspect, but not the prep that was involved with the particular classes that we were doing.  I am in the process of developing my own online class, and will hopefully be able to offer it for purchase through this blog.  I am still researching the technical aspects of this, but have already outline a class course and complete the first layout.  I will be posting a class description and more information pertaining to that here as well.  BUT I can tell you that the focus of the class is using uncropped 4x6 prints.  We all have tons of those laying around waiting for inspiration to hit us.  I am structuring the class to provide sketches that I created, as well as a way for anyone to take their prints and figure out a layout based on what they specifically have to use and what their style and needs are.  

Thanks for stopping by!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment