Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Monthly Celebrations | December 2019 | Holiday Card 2015

I am so excited to share my layout today for the LAST month of the Monthly Celebrations YouTube hop and series.  This crazy I had a few years ago has been such a blast to go through with other girls in the crafting community on YouTube.



For December's layout, I decided to share how I document our holiday cards.  I usually create a pretty simple one page layout and it's basically a place for me to save the card and play with supplies too.

For our 2015 holiday card, I pulled out my favorite Christmas supplies - Simple Stories.  Most of the papers came from the Claus & Co. Collection.  Even though I pulled out all of my papers, stickers and embellishments, I ended up go very simple and instead used die cutting as my main focus for the layout.


The title die cut is from Kerri Bradford Studio and I have had it for years and finally used it.  Both holly leaves are the same file from silhouette studio store and one is just resized to be smaller.  I cut all the files from black cardstock first to create a drop shadow layer.  Then I used pattern papers from various Simple Stories collections and basic packs to die cut the layers with my cameo.


I love the type write font text phrase stickers that are included on most Simple Stories 12x12 sticker sheets.  They are a definite go to embellishment for me.  After I attached it with foam adhesive to my layout, I noticed I had grabbed one that said the exact same thing as my title...oops lol.


In all the christmas themed embellishments I keep together from Simple Stories, I challenged myself to use these red glitter clear stickers.  For some reason I have never used clear stickers.  So I decided to make a third text element on the layout by using one of the red glitter stickers with the smaller holly die cut.  Bright red enamel dots finished off the layout.  


Thanks ~ Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment