Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sketch Support group class week 2

Week two's prompts went up to start working on the class materials for week 2 in the Allison Davis Sketch Support class, found here.  Week two had to deal with learning how to work with your photos.  I learned that when looking at sketch, I need to view the "photos" shown on the sketch to be a jumping off point and not a set in stone rule.  I learned how to change larger photos to smaller photos if I want to include a larger number of photos.  Or to take my photos and use them as larger sizes if I only have a few photos for a sketch that uses more than what I have to use.  I think this lesson was one that I had previously been struggling with.

So for my assignment for this week I went with my method from last week and only GLANCED at the sketch to get a basic understanding of the layout and placement of the elements included on the sketch.  I am happy with my pages this week!  I did struggle while I was putting it together, but that was my fault.  Nothing like printing the same photo 3 times before getting it right!
IMG_3237


I used an old My Mind's Eye paper line that I found in my stash and used some die cuts from a sheet in the collection.  The circles and rings were made using my Big Shot and some circle dies.  The stars are a sizzix die and I just punched some circles from the pattern paper with my circle punches.
IMG_3238
Thanks for stopping by!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment