Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Photo Arrangement Replay class - Scrapbook Generation/Allison Davis

Hey there!  Today I am sharing a layout I did for an online challenge.  A group of us online are working through the Allison Davis sketch class called Photo Arrangement Replay.  You can find the all the details here and I highly recommend this class.  I now look at sketches in a different way and can change so many things with the simple ideas that Allison presents with this class.

Here's my layout for week #1 of the class:
And here are some of the detail shots.  My photos are from the same sunday dinner in which my son was enjoying one of his favorite foods (corn ON the cob) and my daughter was trying watermelon for the first time.  I used papers from October Afternoon and I *think* they might be from the calkwalk collection, but I'm not positive - I can check if anyone wants to know.  
Since my photos were representing to different stories, I separated my journaling about each munchkin on either side of the title.  The title, corn, and watermelon are all from the Studio online store.  
To help my photos stand out off of the pattern papers, I used vellum and inked it in Chesnut Roan ink.  And the photos I edged with some white paint instead of matting them all with white paper.
For all the die cuts, I used Nichol Magouirk's technique of cutting another set with a dark cardstock and creating a shadow layer.  I LOVE this look now.  I ran the corn through an embossing folder (the wrong way, but I was too lazy to cut another one so we'll pretend that is what I WANTED it to look like...) and I added glossy accents to the sections of the watermelon that look like seeds.

Some enamel dots and label stickers finished off the page.  Thanks for looking and be sure to comment if you have any questions!
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment