Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Allison Davis 6x6 Paper Pad Class - Week #1

Hello All!

So over at the Yap forums, a bunch of us are all "taking" the 6x6 Paper Pad Class from Allison Davis through Scrapbook Generation.  I LOVE this class!  Each week we are using two sketches from the class and posting our layouts on the forums.  Week #1 is using sketches #1 and #2 from the class.

For sketch #1, I stuck pretty close to the actual sketch.  I ended up not putting a title on the 6x6 area on the left page and instead made a title area on the right page with some Ali Edwards stamps and copic coloring.  I had seen that on some of Nichol Magouirk's pages and LOVE the idea so I tried it out.  It ended up taking me three attempts before I had it how I wanted it.  I definitely think it's worth the extra work involved.
week1_1 copy


Here's some details of the pages:


week1_2 week1_3


And here's my page for sketch #2 from the class:


week2_1

Had I been paying attention, my banner piece would have been more "flowy" but I somehow ended up just going straight across.  I'm not going to rip it apart so I'm okay with the end result.  I changed up the sketch a bit, esp on the right.  I didn't have the size photos shown on the sketch and I wanted to have my journaling over there so I just pieced together a few scraps of paper and called it good.

week2_2

week2_3

Thanks for stopping by!
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on the 6x6 pad layouts. The paper you used was perfect.
    I took the 6x6 pad class from Allison a long time ago. I then went to all of her books and found about 10 more sketches that you can definitely use more 6x6 pads on. I have all the books so don't ask which one.
    Just wondering what are Yap Forums? I miss the thread on Scrapbook Sketches that us to be on 2Peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy - send me an email at nicolebingaman@yahoo.com

      I'll send you a link to the forums.

      Delete
  2. Very cute layouts!!! Great colors in the first layout....love the banner, twine, buttons & the title stamp! The second layout is adorable with the girly colors, fun banner & cute photos!

    ReplyDelete