Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

"Family" - Allison Davis 6x6 sketch class

Here's my version of sketch #4 from Allison's class found here:




This is one of my favorite pages from the class, and it's probably because I tend to love sketches/pages where the photos are "wall to wall".  And I love treating each area of pattern paper as a mini page and embellishing them.  I used the 6x6 pad from Pebbles - Family Ties I think is the name.  It's one of my favorite lines of all time.  I inked all the edges with Chestnut Roan chalk ink.  A tip I can offer is that if you ink the edges of your papers, ink the edges of your stickers and embellishment pieces as well.  It helps tie everything together.

I decided to use some Ali Edwards stamps and computer journaling.  Here's where I laid the stamps out and tried to figure everything out once I had printed my journaling.  I used Soft Suede ink by Stampin' Up!


Then I just started pulling stickers and embellishments from my stash.


Here's the journaling finished - I added a banner from the papers, a word sticker and a little Tim Holtz paper clip.  Then I used a hole punch and made three hole down the left side to mimic notebook/ledger paper.


My little man was NOT a happy guy during our photo shoot last November.  You can see from these photos that he's crying.  All my husband and I could do was laugh and go with it.



And I will leave with you with a few more detail shots of the individual embellished areas.




Thanks for stopping by!
Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment