Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

"Pool Fun" - Allison Davis 6x6 Sketch Class

Hey all!

I am way behind on updating my blog.  I managed to complete all 11 sketches in the 6x6 class over at the scrap'n'yap forum.  I'm sharing the layout I made using sketch #3 from Allison Davis' 6x6 Sketch class, found here.

I was really trying to focus on using up photos that I already had printed.  So when I found these photos of our dog as a puppy I went with it.  He has always been a water dog and the summer we bought an $8 kiddie pool he practically lived in it.

Here's the whole layout:


I really struggle with Allison's sketches that leave a lot of "white space".  Normally, I would just wall paper the layout to death and be happy.  With this class I tried to keep a few of the pages sparse, like she showed in the sketches.  I like how this one turned out.  I tried some machine sewing - I now know that I need some helping in this area!  And I used a title die cut file from the Silhouette store.  The papers are from the Simple Stories I Heart Summer 6x6 pad, and I used a few stickers from the 12x12 element sticker sheet.

Here are some details:




Thanks for stopping by!
Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Your pages are really beautiful, I especially love this one !

    ReplyDelete